We have several events coming up. Please don’t forget to RSVP, as we need reservations:
– You may remember that I sent an email a few weeks ago about an Australian 99 sister coming to Daytona for a conference (she needed help with lodging, which she found). She and another conference attendee would like to meet the local 99s (us!!!). Let’s meet at 7 pm on Wednesday, May 9th at BJ’s in Daytona Beach (2514 W International Speedway Blvd) for drinks and dinner. Please RSVP by Monday 7th so I can make reservations. For those wishing to fly-in, I can probably pick up at Sheltair in DAB, just let me know that you’ll need transportation.
– Our next meeting will be at Tavares on May 19th. We are planning an introduction to seaplanes with the help of Jones Brothers Seaplanes Adventures. For now, we are planning a presentation at 9 am, followed by flights for those interested. We will also have a lunch meeting at a local restaurant (our annual chapter meeting). The time of the presentation may change depending on the number of people wanting to fly. Here is what they offer:
- Sightseeing tours. 15 min for $54+tax. We get a 10% if we have more than 9 persons. This would be in a Cessna 185.
- Dual instruction: 1hr for $245 + tax or 30 min for $122.50+tax. This would be in a Cessna 140.
I need an RSVP by Monday, May 7th with your choice of flight, if any. Please let me know if you have a preferred timeframe for your flight and if you’ll be flying in. Those wishing to fly-in can land at Naiara’s (10FA, CTAF 122.9) by 8:15 am (subject to change if the presentation is moved). She will provide transportation.
Since we are still planning this, the schedule may change slightly (not the date), which is why we are asking for an early RSVP.
– The international 99s conference is coming up July 3-8 in Philadelphia. Please let me know if you are planning on going as I received our chapter delegate ballots but won’t be able to attend. If no one in the chapter will be attending, I need to send these ballots to someone else in the section.
Please don’t forget to RSVP for the dinner and the meeting, and I look forward to seeing you all!
Co-chair, Daytona 99s